Ever had overly ripe bananas ... that nobody in your household wants to eat anymore?...
how bout having a go at banana cupcakes!? .. I've been looking for a banana cupcake recipe for awhile now... wanted something that was moist and cake like rather than a muffin ... I finally came across Martha Stewart's recipe for banana cupcakes w/ honey-cinnamon frosting with basic ingredients - sounded easy enough to make (didn't use the frosting though just the cake) - it had a couple of negative reviews (taste & texture) but I decided to give it a go anyway.. with a slight tweak to the recipe and instructions.
the ingredients are as follow! - (first tweak - rather than use all purspose flour - i decided to use cake flour)
tweak to instructions
- sift 1 1/2 c. cake flour & 1 tsp. baking powder into a medium bowl - set aside
- cream 1/2 c. butter & 3/4 c. sugar till light and fluffy
- add (2)eggs one at a time
- add 1/2 tsp vanilla
- mix in (4) mashed bananas
- add 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- add 1/4 tsp. salt
- last mix in sifted flour and baking powder (do not overmix)
- Preheat Oven 350F
- Line muffin pans with paper liners
- spoon batter into each muffin liner 3/4 full
- bake for approx. 20mins (18-25)
- until light brown - or when a toothpick comes out clean
top with your choice of frosting - I decided to top mine with nutella! ..
the recipe yielded 12 regular sized cupcakes and 24 minis - yum!
the key to this recipe is the bananas themselves .. I've found that the riper the bananas .. the tastier!
Yum Yum good! but definitely not good for my expanding waisteline! =D